AIA Releases 2017 Construction Contract Documents
The American Institute of Architects publishes the most widely used form document set in the construction industry. The AIA revises the construction contract documents approximately every 10 years to address legal opinions and current construction practices. On April 19, the American Institute of Architects released the 2017 version of its contract documents. The documents revised in the 2017 version include:
- A201™-2017 General Conditions of Contract for Construction;
- A101-A105™-2017 Owner-Contractor Agreements;
- A401™-2017 Contractor/Subcontractor Agreement;
- B101-B105™-2017 Owner/Architect Agreements;
- C401™-2017 Architect/Consultant Agreement; and
- E204™-2017 Sustainable Projects Exhibit.
Over the next few months, we will discuss some of the more important changes included in the 2017 version of these documents.
Photo: Government of AlbertaThis entry was posted in Architects, Contract Negotiation, Contractors, Design Professionals, Engineers and tagged AIA, Architects, Construction Contracts, Engineers, General Contractors. Bookmark the permalink.